Our research focus is on the application and development of artificial intelligence (AI) tools, such as deep neural network, in the field of communication disorders. We foster new image acquisition and image processing techniques, and work on TinyML neural networks. We further develop new datasets together with our clinical collaborators and work on the quantification of health states. As our work is clinically motivated, we seek solutions that have impact in treating patients. Please see also our publications.
If you are interested in an intership, a Bachelor or Master thesis project in our lab, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org. Likewise, if you have a project where you think it fits the lab’s scope, please feel free to get in touch with us as well. Here are the open projects in the lab:
- Beyond Dice and IoU: Implementation and Evaluation of a Novel Segmentation Loss
- Computing at the Edge – Leveraging the Edge TPU
- Diving Deep on the Web – Online Image Analysis
- Of Spines and Dendrites – analysis of structural neuroimaging
- Interdisciplinary topic with the Institute of Pathology and the Department of Radiation Oncology @UKER:
Cancer mapping in histopathological slices, starting October 2021