This session was about the beautiful data analysis library pandas.
We will add the IPython notebook as soon as possible.
Read the 10 minutes introduction to pandas.
Ensure you got the following aspects of pandas:
- Difference between DataFrames and Series
- Load and write csv and excel files
- Indexing DataFrames, accessing rows ( df.ix) and columns ( df['Column']) and transpose them ( df.T)
- Calculating mean, sum, std and sem
- Using the df.head() , df.tail() and df.describe() command
- Plotting your data using df.plot() , try to use different kinds, e.g. df.plot(kind='bar')
Here’s Michael’s pandas Jupyter notebook and the munich climate file: